We are glad to announce that in conjunction with the 17th IAPR International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition ICDAR 2023, the 7th edition of the Competition on Recognition of Handwritten Mathematical Expressions (CROHME) will be organized.
During its history, the CROHME competition has advanced the state-of-the-art for handwritten math recognition systems and produced a standard benchmark for online handwritten math recognition research. The six previous CROHME competitions were held at ICDAR 2011 & 2013 & 2019, and ICFHR 2012, 2014 & 2016. In addition to previous publications at ICDAR (2011 & 2013) and ICFHR (2012 & 2014), an IJDAR paper summarizing the outcomes and innovations in evaluating handwritten mathematical recognition during the first four years of the competition (2011-2014) has appeared. CROHME data has been used by research groups from around the world.
In this new instance of the CROHME competition, we will expand the set of inputs to include both online and offline handwritten formulas (i.e., stroke data as input, or raster images as input).
- Conference paper is available here (HAL), and data on Zenodo
- New validation samples : 555 bimodal real expressions
- New Training samples : 1045 bimodal real expressions + 150k on-line generated expressions
- Data & Tools page is on-line
- January 15, 2023: Release of the training set, web-based, and offline evaluation tools
- updated on March 30
- March 15,
March 1, 2023: Registration deadline (closed)
- April 3,
March 27, 2023: Test data available,
- April 4,
March 302023: deadline for competition participants
- April 10, 2023: Initial Submission of Competition Reports Deadline
- May 1, 2023: Camera-Ready Papers Due
Please use this email: [email protected]